Translate

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Accidental Discoveries

I was searching for "umbrella" on Google images when I saw their list of suggestions on what I might be searching for , after typing "umbrel..." and I saw the word "Umbrello" and I thought "What a great word!" I was curious and found this. It's a whimsical and wonderful structure in England. As it turns out, it is being choked with weeds, forgotten on a huge estate, and falling victim to vandals who stole its leaded domed roof. It is as if Umbrello is reaching out to the cosmos to be noticed - to be saved.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pete!

Yes, that is a cool accidental find on the pic of the "umbrello". New word for me. lol I think the trees in the background look like they are protecting it. Wonder what it was used for originally?? hmmmm... I love a pic that makes you think.

Vic