Translate

Friday, October 14, 2016

Omran... #ThisIsStillAleppo



Omran Daqneesh

It has been weeks since I drew this image after seeing the heart-wrenching news footage. I saw this little boy, covered in dust, dazed and confused, rubbed his head as blood flowed from a wound. He looked at his hand and then rubbed the blood onto the orange seat of the ambulance. Perhaps it resonated more deeply because I have a son about the same age and I couldn't imagine him having to go through the same experience. I was so grateful to the first responders, The White Helmets who risked their own lives to rescue this boy 

Tragically, the bombing continues as of today. I have been devastated by the continual news reports coming from Syria, but also inspired by  Omran Daqneesh, the 5-year-old boy in Aleppo, Syria remains a symbol for all those in need--especially those who do not have a voice. A good overview of ways we can help...  http://www.cfr.org/.../humanitarian-relief.../p9007 #childrenofaleppo #childrenofsyria 


1 comment:

erika said...

What a great reminder to not forget about what is going on elsewhere in the world. Thank you for sharing your art and your heart.