Translate

Friday, May 8, 2009

Stellar Proverb: Nulla dies sine linea.


My friend, John Harris, sent me this Latin Proverb.

He knew that I would love it! My work is very much about "making your mark." It is a rare day that I do not make a line. Whether a drawing or words, I have made a promise to myself not to close my eyes at night before at least making one mark in my journal. I fell asleep one evening doing that and awoke to my one mark having turned into one big dot from my bleeding marker. That was, in fact, the inspiration for my book The Dot.

So, make your line! Whether your line is a word or a drawing, try to weave a few into each of your days. You can also make a dot. That counts, but please, sign it!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

OK, I think I've just found the title for the journal kit.

Thanks for all the inspiration.