Translate

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Stellar Tree House






















I am still working on Tess's Tree -- a new book with my friend Jess Brallier. I was on a Google "image-inspiration  hunt" for some maple trees and came across this slightly blurry - but wonderfully creative drawing. It was not properly labeled so I have no idea where this is from, but I am guessing it from the late 1800's. This image reminds me of the gentle and magical work of one of my "stellar mentors" -- Garth Williams. I'd love to find our family's copy of "The Tall Book of Make Believe." If you know that book, you'll see why this image echoes its spirit.

3 comments:

Maribeth Bush said...

I love this picture! I've always really loved tree houses. I think it's why I always liked The Swiss Family Robinson - their tree house, that is!

sarah said...

i'm pretty sure that i have that copy of tall book of make believe somewhere... unless i have a newer one. one of my favorite all time books... i think i'm going to go hunt for it now.

Peter H. Reynolds said...

Sarah! Let me know if you find it!