Translate

Thursday, February 25, 2021

Protect Your Sparkle


This is an image from our book PLANT A KISS (published by Harper Collins) written by my sweet friend and collaborator, Amy Krouse Rosenthal. The whole book was an absolute  joy to create, but this is one of my favorite pages in the book. 

It reminds me of Amy. 

She was famous for her yellow umbrella and her magical way of motivating people to share their own magic. 

 Amy passed away from cancer in 2017. It was a sudden and tragic loss.  Only a few months before she left us, I was helping her plan a family trip to Argentina (my father, Keith Hamilton Reynolds was born here and I have lots of family there).  The world discovered how sick she was on March 3rd, 2017, when they read her moving words in The New York Times: You May Want to Marry My Husband. 

I encourage you to visit the Amy K. Rosenthal Foundation site to learn more about who Amy was, and how her mission continues - and how you can get involved. Her husband and daughter are carrying the torch forward. 

 https://www.amykrouserosenthalfoundation.org

Note: My studio, FableVision is animating a version of the story for Vooks

I'll blog about that soon.

For information about the book, please visit www.thedotcentral.com 

When I sign PLANT A KISS books now, I add a little heart 💛 below Amy's name. I know she'd like that - knowing I can reflect some of her heavenly magic into a copy of our book. 

No comments: